We know the value of good boots for all emergency medical technicians. This is why we have made a collection of the Best EMS Boots available on the market.
The job of a first responder is always a tough one. This also applies to other emergency fields out there. You are fully aware that your job requires you to always be on your feet while maintaining the best level of performance.
Wearing a pair of bad performing shoes will hamper your work, decrease your productivity and worst of all you’ll not be able to fulfill your duties. For that reason, you need a pair of good EMS boots.
Here is a comparison chart of the Top EMS Boots on the market.
Top 3 Ems Boots – Editorial Picks
|Bates Men's Ultra-Lites 8 Inches Tactical Sport Side-Zip Boot||Check Price on Amazon|
|Danner Men's Acadia 8" Boot||Check Price on Amazon|
|Smith & Wesson Footwear Men's Breach 2.0 Tactical Side Zip Boots - 8"||Check Price on Amazon|
You can also use these boots to go on a hike, work in the yard or simply go on a trip. They will serve you just fine. Good functional boots can help you perform your job as an EMT and paramedics. It also helps you in many other ways.
The Emergency medical service in short the EMS personnel is always on their feet busy in taking care of the people & responding appropriately to those who need their help.
If you are a paramedic or an emergency medical technician, you are required to offer medical help while always being on your feet. The last thing you should worry about is having a pair of “bad performing boots”.
In a nutshell, here are some features you should look for when buying EMS work boots.
- They should be waterproof.
- Should have good durability.
- Need to feel comfortable.
- They should have good protection.
Check at the end of this article for a more in-depth buying guide.
There’s a wide variety of EMS work boots available on the market, here are seven of the top ems boots that’ll get you through the workday.
Top 7 Best EMS Boots Reviews
1.Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites 8 Inches Tactical Sports Side-Zip Boot
Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites Boots are all about quality. These are some serious uniform/tactical boots that are built to perform under pressure. Bates boots provide a good blend of comfort and performance. You can be sure these black boots won’t let you down. Did you know that Bates also supplies footwear to the U.S Department of Defense?
If you want a lightweight and comfortable boot to move around the workplace effortlessly, then the Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites Side-Zip boot will be a good choice. The slip-resistant rubber outsole makes it lighter than other models.
It has a mesh lining inside that makes it very breathable. This breathable lining also keeps the feet warm and dry. The breathability part is what makes these boots very popular.
In terms of durability, these boots feature a tough leather exterior. The Wolverine Warrior quality leather construction makes them very durable and long-lasting.
Comfort and lightweight isn’t the only good thing about these boots. These boots are crafted to offer safety and protection. The high-quality materials of these boots not only protect your feet but also the shin and ankles.
These are non-metallic boots. They are assembled in the U.S. The fact that they are non-metallic makes them undetectable in electronic survey environments. They are also preferred by uniformed personnel for a long time.
- Easy to clean leather nylon and upper.
- Breathable mesh lining.
- Lightweight & durable construction.
- Cushioned EVA insole which can be removable.
- Slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- These boots are not entirely waterproof. Also, they make occasional noise on when used on certain surfaces.
If you are on the hunt for a lightweight and stealthy boot without compromising quality, then the Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites 8 Inches Tactical Sport Side-Zip Boots should be a perfect choice.
2. 5.11 Men’s A.T.A.C Storm 8” Side Zip Boot
The second pick for our top 7 ems boot review list is the 5.11 Men’s A.T.A.C. Storm 8″ Side Zip Boot. This one is considered the best boots for paramedics and first responders. This tactical boot is equipped with the best technology. Don’t be surprised when we tell you that this one is one the best functional boots also the best paramedic boots out there.
- The A.T.A.C Storm 8” Side Zip Boot comes equipped with moisture-wicking, antibacterial lining. If you are a first responder, you know how important this feature is. This lining wicks sweat away and keep your feet fresh throughout the day.
- It is lightweight and durable. The body of this boot uses full grain leather and nylon. It is a side zip boot. The synthetic outsole has been carefully designed for comfort. The integrated side-zip-access gives you the opportunity to quickly put it on and take it off.
- Comfort is the main selling factor of these boots. Cushioned insole and the injection molded Phylon midsole are built to support you when the job heats up. The dual density foam cushion keeps your feet comfortable all day long. The materials are also waterproof.
- The Shock Mitigation System combined with its oil and slip resistant outsole delivers exceptional slip-resistance to prevent disastrous slips. Even in slippery emergency conditions, these boots will keep you safely standing on your feet. You can be sure these boots can absorb a lot of impacts.
- They have a good professional and smart design. The unique design allows for a lot of movement without fatigue in the feet. The opening is larger than most other boots which are great for people with large feet.
- It has antibacterial lining and doesn’t retain moisture.
- Bloodborne Pathogen Resistant.
- Very comfortable to wear.
- Easy to put on and off.
- Best functional ems boots on our list.
- Takes a little time for the boots to completely break in.
The 5.11 Men’s A.T.A.C Storm 8” Side Zip Boot is designed with performance and protection in mind. These boots are made to withstand hours of hard athletic use daily without compromising. They are a great option for EMS workers.
3. Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tactical Boots
Under Armour is one of the most reliable brands in the Ems boots industry. These tactical boots are flexible enough for a variety of uses. The Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tactical Boots has a simplistic design that offers a comfortable support to the wearer without sacrificing protection.
- These stellar tactical boots are made using a combination of DWR treated leather and 900D nylon. This combination provides a good ventilation and keeps your feet cool throughout the day. These boots are lined with anti-microbial material that prevents the growth of mold and bacteria to prevent odor.
- These lightweight boots are made with reinforced TPU Shank. The shank is hidden within the sole for more support. The midsole of these boots is molded with extra support and protection.
- It has a pretty remarkable waterproof capacity. You won’t have to worry about your feet getting wet with these boots. You can easily walk through mud or puddles and no water will leak into the boots.
- The construction nature of these boots assures the user to be abrasion free. Many people use them for hiking or running because of their lightweight design. The brand itself boasts about its outdoor capabilities. It was specifically designed for military and rescue purposes.
- The shaft is leveled to the ankle from the arch. This provides a flexible and comfortable fit. This heavy-duty boot is guaranteed to last a long time. The durability is reliable.
- Good water resistance.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Comfortable to wear.
- Anti-microbial material.
- Not for construction workers because it doesn’t come with any steel toe to protect your toes.
The Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tactical Boots are the comfortable option for people who enjoy having extra anti-microbial support. You might be thinking all these features will make the boot expensive but the best part is that it can be yours at a very affordable price.
4. Smith & Wesson Breach 2.0 Men’s Tactical Side-Zip Boots
The Smith & Wesson Breach 2.0 Men’s Tactical Side-Zip Boots are created with excellent quality and focus on even the finest details. The boot itself sets a new standard for construction, durability, and price. Well technically speaking – this is what the manufacturers claim to be. But after doing some research we found that they weren’t exaggerating. These are great boots without a doubt.
- The construction of these boots uses a combination of leather and nylon. This combination is meant to give you full protection without compromising comfort. These are tough boots that can tackle harsh environments.
- It has a built-in gusseted tongue that keeps debris and dirt out. You can walk through mud or water without worries. The foam padded collar and tongue increases breathability and protection.
- If you have to deal with long work shifts these boots have the capability to provide all-day comfort. The EVA midsole offers cradled support and lightweight comfort.
- These boots have amazing slip resistance. Thanks to its unique rubber sole that is engineered to minimize traction loss. Its innovative and unique pattern is capable of gripping dirt, fences, ladders or any other slippery surface.
- Another feature that aids in comfort is its torsional rigidity. This feature aids in minimizing foot fatigue during long work shifts. The steel shank is there to give you extra support folks.
- Tough and durable boots at an affordable price.
- The gusseted tongue that protects from dirt and debris.
- EVA midsole for comfort.
- Uses a combination of nylon and leather.
- Good safety features.
- A proper insole might be necessary because the stock insole isn’t that comfortable. If you don’t want to hurt your feet on the run, we would recommend getting proper inserts.
The Smith & Wesson Breach 2.0 Men’s Tactical Side-Zip Boots features a nice combination of solid construction, guaranteed durability, and affordable price. The safety features are all top notch. These boots won’t let you down and you can be sure that you will enjoy wearing it in the emergency field.
5. Danner Men’s Acadia 8” Boot
Danner Men’s Acadia 8” Boot made in the USA. You can be sure you are looking at some quality boots right here. These boots are meant to outperform and outlast. Danner = quality folks! You can even use them for running or other household activities. These are indeed very comfortable. But comfort isn’t the only thing that got this boot on our list. Have a look at other features this boot has to offer.
- Out of the box, you can feel that polishable leather. The upper is a combination of 1000 Denier nylon and full-grain leather. The Gore-Tex lining makes the boots more breathable and comfortable.
- The most noticeable feature of the Acadia boots is the Vibram sole. This sole is thick and provides great shock absorption. It also improves your grip on wet and dry surfaces.
- These boots feature the Danner’s famous stitch down construction. This gives the boots superior stability and creates a more stable platform underfoot.
- There are steel plates installed on the midsole to provide puncture resistance. The fiberglass shaft on these boots is there to keep your feet and ankles protected.
- The outer materials make it easy to polish. This is preferred by those in Uniform and on special tactical teams. You can start each day with a clean look on the boots.
- Danner’s famous stitch down construction.
- Polishable materials used.
- Vibram sole for good traction.
- Gore-Tex lining for breathability.
- Made in the USA.
- On the long run, you might want to add additional insoles for extra comfort. The insole on these boots is somewhat satisfactory.
The Danner Men’s Acadia 8” Boot is very suitable for paramedics and other people who work in the emergency field. They are comfortable, offer great traction and provides sufficient support.
6. Thorogood Men’s 8” Side Zip Jump Boot Gen-flex
A list that features ems boots can’t be complete without mentioning Thorogood. The brand is known to manufacture the most reliable work boots in the industry. These rugged boots are strong, reliable and keep you at your best all day long. With the Thorogood Men’s 8” Side Zip Jump Boot you’ll be stomping through your shifts.
- These are hard-working boots for the hard-working people. It features a black oil-tanned leather that gives a high-shine and feels smooth. Not only they look stylish they are also tough. The toe cap gets all the attention.
- It also features Dri-Lex Aero-Spacer lining. The job of this lining is to keep your feet dry and comfortable. It also wicks away moisture. Even after a long day of hard work, your feet will stay fresh.
- These boots have durable Goodyear welt construction. It’s just a cool way of saying that these are tough boots. The Goodyear Storm welt delivers great durability.
- In terms of comfort, it has a removable insole. The EVA midsole has a good shock absorbing capacity. Dual-density polyurethane removable inner comes with EVA cushion flex for comfort. The composite shank also offers good cushioning and support.
- These are abrasion-resistant boots. The GEN-EX dual-density rubber lug is slip-resistant. It has adjustable lacing and heavy duty YKK side zipper and VELCRO-brand closure offer extra stability.
- Smooth and high-shine leather.
- Great stability.
- Offers good cushioning.
- Good durability.
- Non-marking and slip resistant outsole.
- These rugged boots require a little bit more time to break in. Have patience!
If you are looking for a hard-working boot, The Thorogood Men’s 8” Side Zip Jump Boot Gen-flex is a good choice. These are reliable boots that will help you to be at your best all day long.
7. Original S.W.A.T Men’s Classic 9” Side Zip Work Boot
The name says it all. These are made for the professionals. The Original S.W.A.T Men’s Classic 9” Side Zip Work Boot is extremely comfortable, provides excellent traction and made to last. Outside of work, you can use them for sports, running, walking your dog etc. In short, you can use them as a daily wear boot.
- The heel and toes are hand stitched. This ensures that the boots will survive for a long time. The tall structure supports the foot, ankle, and shin in an efficient manner.
- The entire construction uses imported leather. Even the sole is made from leather. The micro-bacterial protection unit and a durable moisture wicking material make it easy to tackle hostile environments.
- The thermoplastic heel counters allow you to wear them while hiking in a distant location.
- The boot molds according to the shape of your foot after prolonged use. Thanks to the custom phylon EVA midsole you will notice that it keeps that shape.
- The abrasion-free technology takes care of the user’s feet. You won’t be getting any blisters or scratches in them. All you have to make sure is that you get a perfect size.
- Offers great comfort to the user.
- Good for normal daily use.
- Can be used for sports or hiking.
- Provides excellent traction on frigid slick snow.
- Heavy duty zipper.
- Make sure you get the proper size because size wise they run big. If you wear a 10 1/2 in Nike and a 10 in Reebok than order 9-1/2, it should fit perfectly.
The Original S.W.A.T Men’s Classic 9” Side Zip Work Boot has some long-time users. Some of them have been using these boots for years. Do we need to write more? Try them out and see for yourself.
Best EMS Work Boots Buyer’s Guide
EMS work boots come in a wide variety of options like styles and build qualities. It’s important to do some prior research of your boots and their many features.
All of this is to ensure that they will be suitable to wear on the job.
There are a number of features you should look for when choosing EMS Boots. Take your time and read the rest of this article before purchasing EMS Boots.
Why Do You Need The Best EMS Work Boots?
The best EMS footwear can also protect you from harmful elements like broken or sharp objects, biohazard waste, pathogens etc.
First responders always prefer to use the best EMS boots on the market to reach and help people quickly on the crisis spot.
Regardless of where the job may take you, these high-quality boots will make sure that your feet will stay safe and comfortable.
Your Boots go through a lot with all of your daily grind of EMS work
All the products that are featured here are definitely the best on the market. It is not uncommon for ems workers to buy a new pair of ems boots every couple of years.
If you still have doubts as to which one to pick, you can check out the in-depth buying guide that we made at the end of this article
When you want to buy a new pair of EMS work boots, there’s a lot you should consider.
Not only they need to be comfortable but you should also check if your work boots are made of durable materials.
They should also include a variety of safety features. Because it is one of the most important aspects of the job.
A good pair of EMS work boots will surely be a great investment for your career.
Let’s have a look at some of the key points to cover before you decide which boot will suit your EMS needs.
Here are some of the important facts to consider.
As mentioned earlier, this job has a number of hazards to look out for. Workers must stay safe from glass, fluids, slippery surfaces, and much more.
To keep EMS workers safe, numerous laws and regulations are in place. All of this is to ensure that they are safe through any assignment.
You can now easily determine how much damage boots can take by looking at the ASTM standards.
These standards are set through strict testing and ratings. In general, boots are often built with extra precautions to help prevent injury from drops.
Steel or composite toes are put inside to create an effective shield around your toes. This system is tested with impact and compression tests.
To make sure these shields don’t compress and break, manufacturers also include tough plastic plates on the bottom of the boot.
Pay attention to impact and compression.
This test is measured by dropping a weight from a specific height at a specified speed on top of the toe cap. Your
EMS boots should need to meet either 50 or 75 testing criteria.
– I/50 will protect your toes from impacts of up to 50-foot-pounds.
– I/75 rating protects the toes from impacts of up to 75-foot-pounds.
As an EMS worker, you should pick boots that have an impact rating of at least 50 or 75. This represents the protection from a falling object’s weight.
This test is done by applying a measured load up to the specified number of pounds needed to cause the toe cap to crush or break.
The boots must pass one of two criteria for compression rating.
– C/50 rating protects the toes from a maximum of 1750-pound compressive loads.
– C/75 rating protects the toes from a maximum of 2500-pound loads.
In short, the compression ratings of 50 or 75 means your boots can withstand compressive loads of 1,750 pounds or 2,500 pounds respectively.
Waterproof & Moisture Wicking
In terms of materials, it’s better to go with a boot that’s waterproof and moisture-wicking.
Moisture-wicking materials will keep your feet cool & Waterproof materials will prevent water and dangerous liquids from getting into your boots.
It will prevent bacteria from growing and get rid of any uncomfortable sweat. This is done while also keeping water out of the boot.
This will certainly improve comfort and durability and will also ensure that you stay safe at all times.
If you are interested to know which socks to wear with these boots, check out our best work socks guide.
The traction the boots provide is another important feature to look for. Check if your boots have non-slip grip sole.
EMS workers are responsible for carrying patients quickly.
Bad weather conditions, biohazards, and smooth surfaces can make it very easy to slip and slipping is not an option.
All the boots in this list have soles that improve grip on any surface.
When you pair the, with a durable shield and support layer, you’ll have the protection needed to stay safe.
To ensure proper traction on the floor, these thick soles have a unique design that redirects liquids away from different points.
By decreases the surface area that makes direct contact with the liquid, you get proper traction.
The thickness of the sole also helps protect against sharp objects and rough terrain.
Support & Flexibility
You need to move fast. For that reason, your boots should have proper flexibility.
Stiff work boots are great but they can be dangerous when you need to move fast. Stiff boots are not adequate for EMS profession.
Stiff boots will not only limit your movement but will also prevent you from achieving the full range of motion to work quickly.
Your Boots should be flexible enough to cover and support the ankles during quick maneuvers. While flexibility is great, but they should still give you some support in the ankles.
There’s nothing worse than making a quick turn and end up spraining the ankle.
You’ll be on your feet for hours on end. This is why you should pick boots that are comfortable. A number of factors go into comfort. It includes proper fitting and materials.
Many boots have adequate padding and cushioning. Gel insoles help absorb the force of impact. There are other insoles that support the arch of the foot for prolonged wear.
Buying the wrong size of boots will have a negative impact on the job performance of emergency personnel. Make sure your boot fits correctly.
Before purchasing a pair of boots, make sure to get proper measurements and know what size of boots you should order.
Your boots should snug in without constricting the foot or limiting motion.
Many manufacturers have a range of options to accommodate those that typically have issues finding the right pair of comfortable boots.
Side Zipper & Quick Release Fasteners
Additional features like side zipper and quick-release fasteners make it very easy to get a customized fit without having to spend a lot of time with laces.
You can get the shoes on and off in a matter of seconds. Side Zippers are great because they allow EMS providers to get in and out of boots quickly.
Go For Popular Brands
Look for reputable brands because brand name boots typically have better quality. Not only quality but also complies with safety standards.
They produce boots through thorough market research and they also have the resources to ensure that you get the top quality ems boots available.
Another advantage of buying branded boots is that these companies usually offer replacement programs for defective products.
It’s a win-win situation.
Opinions of Other EMS Professionals
Why are we mentioning this?
First of all, we have done all the research we could possibly do to make this article.
If you are someone whose buying EMS boots for the first time, it’s a good practice to consult your fellow EMS professionals.
Find out which boots they prefer. We can tell for sure that they have probably sampled different EMS boots in the entirety of their careers.
They will surely know which boots work best.
That’s it. Hope you found this long article useful. Which one of these boots do you think is the best ems boots? Let us know in the comments below.