Looking for a glue to repair your shoes? Don’t know which one to pick? Don’t worry. We made this entire article just for you. Here you’ll find the best glue for shoes that cobblers use.
We have poured everything we know about shoe repair glue in this article. You’ll see a list of best shoe glues as well as a definitive buyer’s guide at the end to choose the best one.
Here is our #1 pick
In this chart, you’ll find the best glue for boots and shoes available on the market. These are used by professional boot repair shops around the world. Have a look at the 5 best shoe glue and pick your choice.
Top 5 Best Shoe Glue
1. Boot-Fix Shoe Glue: Instant Professional Grade Shoe Repair Glue
The best shoe glue that professionals use. Don’t go the cobbler every time you see small separation in your boots. Save time, save money and do it yourself. It is easier than you think. With the help of Boot-Fix Glue for shoe, you’ll get the job done in a couple of minutes.
- This glue bonds instantly without any clamping. Unlike other leading brands, it won’t expand or get thick. That’s why professionals use this one.
- This glue can survive any weather condition. The flexible bond that it creates remains unaffected by cold, heat and even moisture.
- It dries clear. You don’t have to worry about discoloring your fingers or black smudges. Re-attach your sole with confidence because it can be used on any color shoe.
- You can safely use it vinyl or rubber footwear. This also includes dress shoes, boots, athletic shoes, climbing boot and more.
- This glue can be used on sandals, sneakers, handbags too. It has a lasting bond that stays strong and gives you confidence in repairing your shoes.
- We couldn’t find any. This is the reason why it is the best in the industry.
Boot-fix shoe blue is the super-glue that professionals use. This is the best shoe glue in the shoe repair industry. This strong shoe adhesive works on all different boot and shoe materials.
2. Shoe-Fix Shoe Glue: Instant Professional Grade Shoe Repair Glue | Best Glue For Shoe Soles
The Shoe-Fix Shoe Glue is the best in the business when it comes to repairing shoes. The specifically formulated glue creates a long-lasting bond that stays strong for years to come.
- This glue creates a flexible bond without any clamping. If the shoe fits glue it. Save money for yourself and for your entire family. This glue holds your shoes like a professional repair should.
- The formula used in this glue tops anything else out there in terms of performance. The flexible bond remains unaffected by any weather condition.
- Every shoe repair professionals know that a cyanoacrylate is the best glue for repairing shoes. This formula can be used in any shoe materials. It’s flexible and doesn’t get thick when it dries.
- This shoe glue is completely waterproof. It can be used on rubber footwear and vinyl footwear.
- A small bead is all you need to apply. Holds your boot strong even after a day of hard works on your boots.
- Remove any kind of dirt or moisture before applying this glue. Otherwise, it won’t last.
The Shoe-Fix Shoe Glue bonds like steel. Only a small bead will suffice. Next time you need shoe repairs done, don’t think twice before buying the Shoe-fix glue.
3. Gear Aid Freesole Urethane Formula Shoe Repair 1oz
The Gear Aid Freesole Urethane Formula Shoe Repair is a great quality product for shoe repairs. If you have boots that are used in extreme weather conditions and need repairing, by all means, this is the glue that you should pick.
- This Urethane formula shoe repair glue is used to fix separated soles, worn toe, and heel areas. Lasts long than most other glues on the market.
- The formula is so durable that it can withstand icy wind or high temperature. It also has an excellent abrasion resistance. This one is built for the outdoors.
- This glue is safe to use on any kind of footwear. Climbing shoes, athletic shoes, sports shoes, hiking boot and more. You can use it to fix gloves, rain gear, and even vinyl upholstery.
- It dries clear and matches your shoe color. The repair won’t leave any color and you can also use it on soles to increase shock absorption.
- The heavy duty formula of this glue can withstand rigorous wear & tear. It can also extend the life of the footwear.
- There is no doubt that this glue is strong. However, it does take some time to dry completely.
If your work involves around outdoor terrains, then the Gear Aid Freesole Urethane Formula Shoe Repair can easily hold your shoes for a long time. This glue gives you quality repairs even if you spend hours on highly abrasive surfaces.
4. Shoe Goo Repair Adhesive for Fixing Worn Shoes or Boots, Clear, 3.7-Ounce Tube
This one is perhaps one of the best glues for shoes when it comes to repairing rubber boots and work boots. This glue is specifically designed for re-attaching and repairing various parts of your shoes.
- This glue can be used as a protective coating for leather, rubber, vinyl or canvas. You can also use this to coat shoelace ends.
- When it dries, it ends up with a flexible rubber that is durable and waterproof.
- This one is mostly used on rubber boots. You can even use it on your skateboard to add extra traction.
- This one is perfect for patching up small holes. You can expose them to water without any leakage.
- The flexible rubber repairs your boots without breaking or cracking. Very strong and effective glue that bonds your boots like steel.
- Ideal for dry weather. Don’t know how it will last in the cold.
If you want to get much more miles out of torn boots or shoes than Shoe Goo Repair Adhesive will get the job done. It will give you such a strong bond that they will outlast the shoes.
5. Gorilla Original Gorilla Glue, 8 oz., Brown
The Gorilla Glue is an all-purpose glue. It can be used to fix literally anything. Gorilla glue is also used to repair shoe soles. It is almost the same as shoe goo. Gorilla glue is also used by cobblers to repair shoes.
- This glue is so strong that you can easily use it to fix a shoe. This glue was designed to seal all types of material.
- You can use gorilla glue to fix shoe made out of rubber, leather and more. This glue is waterproof and can resist temperature.
- Don’t worry about going outside when raining after you repaired your shoe with this glue.
- This glue won’t break down when exposed to moisture. The strong bond it creates increases the lifespan of your shoes.
- When the glue dries, it can be painted. They are also stainable.
- This glue expands 3-4 times of the amount you use. Take extra caution when you use it to repair boot soles.
The Gorilla Glue is meant to be used on wood, stone, foam, ceramic, glass, brick and much more. The strong bond it creates is perfect for repairing shoes too. Go for this one if you want an all purpose glue.
A Buyer’s Guide To Choosing The Best Glue For Shoes
You can find different types of shoe glue to repair your boots. But which one should you choose depends on the type of boots or shoes. From the various types of glue available on the market, you need to understand which type will get the job done.
Finding the right type of glue for shoes can be tricky because we don’t pay much attention to it. This is not entirely your fault because there is little information about shoe glue products and we end up buying the wrong one. Spend some time on this buying guide and you’ll know exactly which shoe glue to choose.
Before we get into the buying guide, let us have a look at some of the common types of shoe adhesives.
Types Of Glue That You Can Use To Repair Your Shoes
In addition to sealants and molds, the urethane rubber is made into adhesives that are used to repair your shoes. Apply it to your damaged and separated soles. The good thing about urethane rubber is that they resist heat and also prevents water from getting into your shoes.
Unlike other glues, they won’t stiffen your shoes after it dries up. Your shoes will maintain its flexibility. Getting water into your shoes is certainly an uncomfortable experience. That is why a lot of people prefer Urethane rubber because it prevents water from getting into your shoe.
Neoprene cement glue has a wide variety of use. Other than boots, they can be used on plywood, paper, thermal plastic rubber, leather etc. This also works on all the shoes that are commonly found in the market. This cement glue is ideal for repairing rubber shoe soles.
Because it supports a wide range of materials, you can apply it to other materials of your shoe. This glue is versatile, strong and anti-corrosion within the applied surface. It also has quick drying time. The Neoprene Cement Glue is a common choice for shoe repair.
If you want a quick fix, then super glue is a popular choice. It has the ability to bond permanently within a short period of time. You can easily find it in almost all hardware and craft stores. They dry quickly, seal leaks and prevents water from getting into your shoes. It is also risky to use. Take extra caution before using super glue. Always wear a pair of gloves when using them. The quick binding property of this glue may affect the skin.
Epoxy glue is mostly used for metals or craft works. They can also be used to repair boots. Take precautions before using it because it also has a stronghold like super glue. Be careful when using it for shoe repairs, it dries quickly but tends to crack in cold weather conditions.
There is epoxy glue with fewer quantities of catalyst and large quantities of catalyst. Less quantity of the resin formula takes more time to dry. Make sure to select slow drying epoxy glue for shoe repair because they are more stable.
These are all the common types of glue that you’ll see people use to repair shoes. You should also keep in mind that different shoe separations require different treatment. An adhesive that is meant to withstand high temperature might not work in cold climate. Have a look at the list of key factors that we made before you buy the best glue for sneakers & shoes.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Shoe Glue
Industrial grade adhesives and shoe glues are not the same. Don’t get confused by it. Most people do mix them up. That is why it’s important to know which one you should use.
Whether it is leather boots or sports shoes, different types of footwear are made of different materials. Shoes that are meant for sports are made using different materials than boots. Pick the best glue for shoe soles only or else you won’t get your expected results. That is why you should always use the right glue for the right job.
If you live in cold weather conditions, you need glue for shoes that performs well in cold climate. This is also the same case for a warmer climate. All glues won’t perform the same in warm and cold temperature. It is better to buy shoe glue that can perform well in all weather condition.
If you notice a small separation over the seam than it won’t matter which type of adhesive you choose. But if the sole came apart then it would require a more specific treatment. The material of a boot sole is different from a sports shoe sole. Depending on the type of material they need to be glued accordingly. Make sure to check the materials your glue would work on.
This list covers the best professional grade shoe glue that you can use to repair just about any types of boots or shoes. We have seen professional cobblers use them in their shops. These are the best glue for shoes that professional shoe repair shops recommend. Let us know which best shoe glue you picked in the comments below.